New Year, New Business Resolutions
Director Rob Andrews reflects on the arrival of 2016 and what it may mean for you and your business
Firstly, may I take this opportunity of wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
And now, it’s back to work. If you’re a business owner, do you come back feeling refreshed and invigorated, ready to take on (or over) the world?!! I tend to spend some time the over the festive period thinking on the past year, and how we can improve in the next. I set out my personal and business objectives, and then make a plan to get them done!
Our clients do likewise, as calls often come in early January asking about a number of things which need to be sorted out. These have included:
- Employment matters – producing up to date contracts or staff handbooks, or even addressing staff issues by advising on performance management, or disciplinaries.
- Contracts – getting enforceable terms and conditions in place to protect the client’s business.
- Credit control – recovering debts from late payers.
- Property – buying/selling or letting premises.
- Buying or Selling a business – help on expansion and growth, or guiding on exiting a business
- Getting things settled with a business partner – putting in place a shareholders agreement, or partnership agreement
For all of the above, we can help with expert advice, given in a friendly and non-technical manner, at fixed costs to suit the client’s budget. The feedback we get is that once sorted, a weight is lifted from the client, and by getting something done early in the New Year, it sets them up for further progress on their business and personal goals.
We’re delighted to announce a New Year special offer of 10% off our standard fees for new instructions received on business law matters in January. Contact Rob Andrews for details. Terms and conditions apply.
Rob Andrews is a solicitor at andrews ritson solicitors. He heads up the firm’s commercial department, and can be contacted on email@example.com.